Over the last two decades, renewables (e.g. wind and solar power plants) have been subsidized heavily. These subsidies have led to a strongly growing market share due to moderate commercial risks.
As the technologies become cheaper than conventional technologies, existing subsidies will be removed and face merchant risks.
The Green Brain Academy will help you to get familiar with contracts and instruments of this new environment of renewable energy markets.
Questions to be answered:
- What is the impact on project financing of different PPA types?
- How do I evaluate the project value in volatile power markets?
- Will the shift to a liberalized market affect my projects?
- What is the best off-take scenario for my project? Utility PPA vs. Corporate PPA vs. public auction?
- How can I mitigate mark-to-market or weather risk?
- What can I do to increase the gearing under a PPA project?