Over the last two decades, renewable energies (e.g., wind and solar power plants) have been heavily subsidized. These subsidies have led to a rapidly growing market share with moderate commercial risks. As new technologies become cheaper than their predecessors, existing subsidies are removed, and commercial threats emerge. The Green Brain Academy will help you become familiar with contracts and instruments in this new environment of renewable energy markets.
Questions to be answered:
- What is the impact on project financing of different PPA types?
- How do I evaluate the project value in volatile power markets?
- Will the shift to a liberalized market affect my projects?
- What is the best off-take scenario for my project? Utility PPA vs. Corporate PPA vs. public auction?
- How can I mitigate mark-to-market or weather risk?
- What can I do to increase the gearing under a PPA project?